Main road shut after car crash – with vehicle ‘ending up on tram line’ ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿš‘๐Ÿš“๐Ÿš‘๐Ÿš“๐Ÿš‘๐Ÿš“๐Ÿ’ฅ

A main road was blocked this morning following a smash between a car and a van.

The crash happened at the junction of Ashton New Road and Edge Lane in Droylsden shortly after 7 am this morning, January 13.

It is understood that the vehicles ended up on the tram line as a result, cancelling services temporarily.

One person has been taken to hospital but is not thought to have sustained serious injuries.

Traffic heading out of Manchester towards Ashton was affected as the road was blocked on the outbound carriageway.

Police and fire crews were at the scene for an hour.

According to GMP, it was between a Jaguar and a Vauxhall van.

One of the vehicles involved in the smash

Trams were temporarily suspended following the crash, with no services running between Ashton and Velopark.

Commuters are told they can use the local 216 and 217 bus services with their tickets.

The services have since resumed, but there are delays.

Get the latest updates from across Greater Manchester direct to your inbox with the free MEN newsletter

You can sign up very simply by following the instructions here

A tweet from Transport for Greater Manchester said: “As a result of an RTC at the junction of Ashton New Road and Edge Lane in Droylsden the outbound carriageway (towards Ashton) is blocked.

“GMP are in attendance.

“Please take extra care this morning due to the fog and ice on the roads. Allow extra journey time.”

Greater Manchester Police said the incident was between a Jaguar and a Vauxhall van and confirmed there were no serious injuries.

All trams were temporarily stopped following the incident

A statement from the fire service said: โ€œAt 7.12am on Thursday 13 January 2022, one fire engine from Philips Park fire station attended a road traffic collision on Edge Lane, Droylsden.

โ€œThe collision involved a van and a car and firefighters used specialist equipment to make the scene safe.

“One casualty was conveyed to hospital by North West Ambulance Service as a precaution. Crews were in attendance for approximately fifty minutes.โ€

Sign up to the MEN email newsletters to get the latest on sport, news, what’s on and more by following this link

Main road shut after car crash - with vehicle 'ending up on tram line'

Get link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *